To ensure the safety of our team and those we serve in the community our employees are train on current CDC and state guidelines. These include but are not limited to:
- Social distance: We are requiring social distancing as work duties permit in the workplace and jobsites (social distancing means maintaining 6 feet distance from other people)
- Wear a face covering: We are requiring the use of masks as work duties permit. You must wear a mask at all times when going to a customer’s home, riding in a vehicle with other employees, etc. a mask will be required. Technicians must wear a mask during all service calls.
- Conduct meetings virtually:We are requiring virtual or phone meetings whenever possible.
- Sanitize areas and wash hands often: We encourage everyone to sanitize often, and wash hands regularly with soap and water.
As a Customer, what you can do:
- Know the signs and symptoms and let us know if you had:
- Shortness of breath
- See CDC for other symptoms
Practice everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Cover your mouth or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Staying away from work, school, or other people if you become sick with respiratory symptoms like fever and cough.
Practice social distancing outside of work.
Wear face coverings when in public or unable to social distance.